Mani/pedi cure is now a wedding beauty prep necessity. The bride will look exceptionally well groomed with nicely treated nails especially when wedding PG (Wedding Acronym) these days like to focus the camera on other parts of your body such as hands/ feet. Your beautifully colored nails will be captured in close-up shots taken during the exchange of rings or whenever the PG feels like it.
UV Gel ManicureEvery girl dreams of a nail polish that doesn't chip. The bride is all smiles with the creation of UV gel nail polish. It could last 2 weeks as compared to regular nail polish which starts chipping after 2 to 3 days. The difference is they use a kind of gel polish and in between each coat of UV gel color layer, your fingers are placed under the UV light to set, creating a hard enamel finish.
Caution: There is a debate that UV Gel manicure causes nerve damage. Make sure credible brand (which is tested safe) is used.
UV rays can be harmful. Alternatively use LED light which is less damaging or apply some sunscreen first.
|UV Gel manicure, cured and dried under UV light|
|Right: after two weeks|
French ManicureThis kind of manicure resembles the natural color of your fingernails. The tip of the nail is painted white and the rest of the nail is given a coat of sheer pink or light beige. If you like natural, go French!
|Traditional French Manicure|
|Variation of French Manicure|
Nail ArtKeeping the base color white or nude pink, you can choose to have 3D acrylic flowers added to your nails. With different designs of contour lines and rhinestones, your nails will sparkle elegantly on your big day. Another hype is inserting lace design on the nails. The insertion methods are either with sticker lace and sealed with a top coat or stamped on using a lace pattern with a nail stamping kit.
|3D acrylic flowers, lace and rhinestones designs|
|2D nail art|
|done by beeQnails|
Adding gems and rhinestones to your fingernails can make even the simplest manicures pop. They can be used to enhance other types of nail art, or manicure or become the main attraction by putting them over the entire nail. Show off several types of nail embellishment—including pearls, rose gold glitter, teeny studs and “glequins".
thenailasaurus.com: The word ‘Glequin’ was formed by mashing Glitter+Sequin together, bigger than the powdery glitter but smaller than a sequin.
Where to get your mani/pedi
- beeQnails | SS2 and Da:Men mall USJ Subang | FB page - Mar 16: Gel Manicure and Classic Pedicure for one person at RM138, good quality product, comfortable, skillful
- Enchanted Siblings | facebook.com/enchantedsiblings | Sri Petaling - Oct 15: Japanese nail design, nice experience
- Jac & Ivy Nail Spa | Sri Hartamas | facebook.com/JacandIvyNailSpa | jacandivy.com
- JJ Nail Studio | Mid Valley Megamall | FB Page
- Long Nail N.Y. Studio | Mid Valley Megamall
- Madeline Nails & Waxing Salon by Glitters | The Gardens Mid Valley
- Nails on Wheels (NOW) | mobile nail spa, home to home service | nailsonwheels.com.my
- NailSmith Spa & Bar | Publika Solaris Dutamas | FB Page - Jun 16: classic manicure at RM50 and pedicure RM60, Nice ambiance and service
- Posh Belle NailSpa | Ampang Point Shopping Center | FB page
- Posh Nail Spa | TDDI, SS2, Nu Sentral, Damansara Heights | poshnailspa.my - 2017 Prices+details: from RM22 (express)
- The Nail Parlour | 1 Utama, Suria KLCC, Mid Valley, AEON Bukit Tinggi, Alamanda Putrajaya, Empire Subang, Publika, Paradigm, IOI City Mall | FB page - Dec 15: great experience, super relaxing, great way to pamper yourself, friendly, a bit rough in cleaning dead skin at KLCC branch
- Kit-Ro Nail Salon | facebook.com/kitronailsalon | JB
- Samantha Nails Home Spa | JB | facebook.com/Samanthanailshomespa
Caution: Visitors to nail salon which does not sanitize their equipments and tools are at risk of infection. Be cautious and see to it that there is proper disinfection done.
References: sunshine365days.blogspot.com, weddingbee.com/, thecrazyworldofhandsandfeet.blogspot.com, flickr.com/photos/thepolishdiaries, bodycare.becomegorgeous.com, http://nailartphoto.com, skincare.lovetoknow.com, popsugar.com, today.com, weddingbells.sg