1. Exercise. Besides helping you in dropping a few pounds to get in shape for your wedding dress, it is also an effective beauty routine. Exercise relieves stress and lowers cortisol levels in the blood, therefore, reducing the production of sebum, which can lead to blocked pores. Regular exercise gives you glowing skin and hair by improving blood circulation to your body and hair follicles, supports the production of collagen (deterrent of fine lines), sweat cleans out pores and tones the appearance of your breasts. The ideal time to begin is 6 months before you walk down the aisle. The more time you have, the less stressful you will be and the more you can change! 6 months
Video of Shawn T's hip hop abs total body workout. It tones your body especially the abs and is fun!
2. Facial cleansing. Get your skin type analyzed by a dermatologist if you can afford it and have the time. Schedule your monthly facials with a suitable beautician six months before the wedding. Alternatively clean your face at home with an appropriate skin cleanser, toner and apply moisturizer every day. 6 months
|Understand your skin type first before splurging on your skin care product and treatment|
3. Diet. To clear up blemishes and make your skin more luminous, eat healthy/ balanced diet with lots of antioxidants, drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses daily) and avoid junk food. Fruits and vegetables are packed with anti-oxidants. Reduce your caffeine and sodium intake. Mina Pontarelli, DailyMakeover.com Team, New York, NY commented: “A few weeks before my wedding, I cut out salt from my diet. In just a few days, the eye puffiness was gone and I could see a big difference in the contours of my face.” 3 months
4. Hair care. Start taking care of the health of your hair. You may want to start hair spa treatment and deep conditioning. Do consult your bridal hair-stylist as some advice against excessive treatment days before the wedding day. 2 months. If you want to color your hair, do it 2 weeks prior to the day.
5. Tooth whitening. Get your perfect smile ready for the wedding photos. For natural whitener, rub your teeth with pulp of crushed strawberries, then rinse with water. Eating apples, celery and carrots also support teeth whitening by removing the long lasting stains. For a quicker fix, the dental bleaching procedure or over-the-counter whitener may be able to help. 1 month
|A light pointed at your teeth for two 15 minutes cycle to activate the bleaching gel which is applied earlier|
6. Rest well. 1 week
7. Eye brows and hair removal. Well shaped eyebrows immediately flatter the eyes and the expression of your face. Shaping your eyebrows can cause swelling and redness. So it is advisable to get your brows groomed by a professional a few days to one week before D-day. And waxing or underarms treatment 3 days before. 1 week
8. Mani/ pedicures. It is best to manicure the day before. If you want to plan ahead and test out your options, start experimenting 2 months before. Your hands will be in the limelight the entire day, signing the certificates, exchange of wedding rings, you’ll want them looking fabulous. Opt for color that you are comfortable with. SavannahBride, projectwedding.com commented: "I had acrylic nails put on for my wedding and I could see a lot of space between the nail and my cuticle a week later." 1 day
Ref: dailymakeover.com, idiva.com, webmd.com, wikipedia.org, beautylane