If you ask a photographer what makes a great photo, he/ she might suggest an image that has great composition (rule of thirds, symmetry, framing), captures emotion, unique, leaves something to the imagination, captures detail, has nice perspectives, etc. would look good. However to a non-technical person the photo must be attractive and captures the essence of the wedding. I think great wedding images should contain these elements illustrated by photos taken from WLoon Photography.
1. The expression of the couple being in love. When in love, they look a each other with passion something one cannot pretend. It's more natural if the shot is taken when the bride and groom-to-be do not pose or fake a smile but just enjoy the moment. These photos can help rekindle the romance many years down the road.
2. That special moment. When the moment passes by it's gone forever hence the photographer has to shoot at the right time. Wooi Loon is able to photograph a scene that tells a story beautifully. It takes lots of experience, photography and observation skills to achieve the photo-journalistic outcome on a hectic wedding day when so much is happening simultaneously.
|The bouquet is up in the air waiting to be caught. The bride watches who is the lucky gal.|
|The bride smiles as her groom gets busy with the mini helicopter holding the wedding rings :)|
3. Uniqueness. From unique lighting to artistic framing, there are many ways to create an interesting image. The pale color, subtle and artistic effects of the following picture turns the normally mundane face-to-face shot into an amazing and original scene.
4. The environment such as a lovely venue, beautiful structures, the nature, perspectives in good composition. Wooi Loon would go on-site to feel the location and get inspired before the shooting.
|Wooi Loon captures a lovely perspective of the arches|
5. Creativity always adds a special touch to the photo. Photographer who thinks outside the box can produce far greater images. Getting married should be fun so be creative and bring in the humor, wittiness, playfulness...
|This adds so much extra fun to the wedding photograph|
|Very witty "Trash-the-dress" shot|
6. Portraiture has been an important part of wedding photography. The stunning bride wants her painstakingly done makeup and hair to be shown in the wedding photos. And it's also the perfect time to take a family portrait by a professional photographer. Wooi Loon makes sure that the portraits of the groom, bride, family, friends and groups are taken beautifully.
7. Detail. The details such as of the wedding rings, shoes or decorations are sometimes overlooked as everyone is preoccupied with interactions and activities on the busy day. This wedding bands close-up shot by Wooi Loon creates an attractive scene capturing the detail of the rings with bubbles at the background.
8. Unique color and lighting.
|Juxtaposition contrasting colors of the bright umbrella and the dark background. What a pretty sight.|
9. People's Emotions. Wedding is the time when a lot of people gets emotional - how happy are the bride and groom the second they're announced husband and wife, the excitement of family and friends witnessing the couple walk down the aisle, and the "wicked" look on the bridesmaids' faces getting ready for the door games, etc.
10. Photo that looks good. Period.
|A nice and stylish photo for your wedding album|
Not only does he capture accurate and high quality photos, Wooi Loon is also someone who is professional and patient. I am sure you wouldn't find so many positive comments about an irresponsible or even a mediocre photographer. From the feedback I got on my website, I am more convinced about the importance of a photographer with integrity, what's more a talented one.
Wooi Loon is a young guys who really in love with photographing. He’s not those photographer that only want to make money from the clients. We listed 5 locations in Penang for the shooting session and he actually go to all 5 locations personally to have the first feeling of the locations. After that he called and meet up with us and discussed on the locations and talked to us. After the discussion we have sort listed 3 locations which are Clan Jetty, China House & Straits Quay.
|Jun 2013 (Source)|
Thanks, WooiLoon Tan! It was a pleasure having you follow us around with your camera lol you were awesome to work with. Can't wait to see all the photos!!
|Jan 2013 (Source)|
thanks Wooi Loon. we love the photo so much! thanks for being so patient for our big day muakks!
|Oct 2012 (Source)|
Thanks wooiloon, I'm so lucky to be the 1st one who get this -^^ nice cover, nice photo, nice service. good ah!
|May 2011 (Source)|
ah Loon! Thanks so much for coming so far to hlp me capture all these moments! all is so meaningfull to me . n i am agree wth hooi weng, all the photos are telling story!!
WLoon Photography (伟伦)
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/wlooncom
Tel: +6012-434 8235 (WhatsApp ready)