For beach wedding, it is recommended to take the hotel packages as they have the facilities and resources to organize a complete beach wedding ceremony and reception.
1. Wedding Package
The wedding packages usually include beach wedding essentials like decorations for the ceremonial altar, petal aisle, welcome signage, pre-ceremony refreshments, wedding cake, romantic dinner for the couple and so on.
2. Wedding Planner
Beach resorts have their own wedding planners for the basic services, and customized services at additional cost. If you require additional decorations and services you can always hire an external wedding planner:
MY Wedding Planner | Services: Destination/ beach wedding planning, Assist in performing registration of marriage in Malaysia for example between two different nationalities, obtain the relevant endorsements, conduct a wedding ceremony with certification from JPN.
Hanngevent Langkawi Wedding Planner | FB Page – Plan all kinds of beach weddings; grand, religious or fun.
Casa Amore | casa-amore.my | FB Page – Wedding Planner in Penang
3. Officiant/ Celebrant
Selected resorts provide a Celebrant (not marriage registrar) to solemnize the wedding. For the JPN registrar representative to be present to conduct the registration of marriage, special arrangements have to be made (by yourself or a wedding planner).
The popular ones are:
- Langkawi – West coast of Peninsular Malaysia, by flight or ferry from Kuala Kedah
- Penang – West coast, beach resorts are located in Batu Ferringhi
- Kota Kinabalu, Sabah – East Malaysia
- Redang – East coast, ferry from Kuala Terengganu
- Tioman – East coast, ferry from Mersing, Johor
- Pangkor – West coast, by flight or ferry from Lumut, Perak
- Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
Here are the venue options in Langkawi for beach weddings:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa | Pantai Cenang – Package 2019: from RM8888nett for 50 guests.
- Four Seasons | Jalan Tanjung Rhu – Package 2020: from RM12,500 for beach wedding. Ceremonial Wedding Celebrant is included in the package.
- Holiday Villa Beach Resort | Pantai Tengah – Package 2019: RM7300 nett. They provide a Celebrant to solemnize the wedding on the beach or LaVilla Poolclub and Restaurant
- Casa del Mar | Pantai Cenang – Packages: Reception menu RM180 per pax. ROM: RM7200. They do provide the service of arranging the legal registration of marriage in Langkawi for the couple.
- Westin Langkawi | Jalan Pantai Dato Syed Omar – Package 2020: RM24k (50 pax)
- The Andaman Langkawi | Jln Teluk Datai – They could recommend vendors that plan legal wedding services.
- Tanjung Rhu Resort Langkawi | Tanjung Rhu – Provides Ceremonial wedding celebrant
- The St Regis Langkawi | Jalan Pantai Beringin – Capacity of largest space: 250 pax.
Andaman Langkawi. Photo by RC Studio.
The Float, a magical venue stretching into the ocean, will provide you a memorable experience as the bride and groom walk towards the jetty, exchange their vows and receive blessings from everyone surrounded by the spectacular view of the Andaman Sea at Westin Langkawi. Photo by Stories.my.
Four Seasons Langkawi
Beach wedding at The St. Regis Langkawi. Photo: Hanngevent Langkawi Wedding Planner
Catering in Langkawi
Beach Resorts in Penang are located in Batu Ferringhi
Lone Pine Hotel | Capacity – Lawn: 350 pax. Indoor: 110 pax. The colonial-influenced design of this white architecture is great for photography.
Doubletree Resort By Hilton Penang (previously Hydro Hotel Penang) | Wedding Packages 2018 (Malay/ Chinese/ Indian): RM98 nett per pax
Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa – Capacity: Ballroom: 300 pax. Outdoor marquee: 260 pax.
Golden Sands Resort Penang by Shangri-La features extensive manicured gardens and landscaped open spaces which are perfect for a romantic outdoor wedding with a breathtaking beach view as the backdrop. Photo by RC Studio.
The most beautiful garden wedding facing the beach with old rain trees and lush foliage at Rasa Sayang Penang. Photo: stories.my
The colonial-influenced design of the white architecture of Lone Pine Penang is great for photography. Photo: Alex Tan
Outdoor platform that serves as the wedding ceremony altar and stage – for a garden beach wedding at PARKROYAL Penang Resort. Photo by RC Studio.
Beach Wedding cinematography by RC Studio
Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
Avillion Port Dickson – Popular beach wedding resort in NS