Choose the photo shoot location that you like for your pre-wedding photography, be it gorgeous architecture, nature, shaded parks, bustling cities, rustic or historical locations, plan ahead! You can also plan a trip overseas for a nice holiday as well while allocating a couple of days for the photo shoot.
Mabul Water Bungalows Resort in Sabah – KOA Production
To select a location, consider how the scenery look at night or day time. Some of them are seasonal, for example flower blooms and paddy plantations which have different views around the year. If you have any additional information to add or update, please leave a comment.
Check out – How to Choose wedding photographers in Malaysia with reviews, price and the top photographers in different styles.
Bridal Shops | Makeup Artists
KL and Selangor
- A-Park | Puchong – spacious, tranquil private outdoor area, breathtaking lake view, nice landscape and greenery. Lakehouse, small cottages with English design, a small bridge and a gazebo. Row a boat.
- AVANI Sepang Gold Coast Resort (previously Golden Palm Tree) – bamboos forming an arch, manicured beach front garden, palm tree sea villa formation, rocks
- Ciao Ristorante | Jalan Tun Razak, KL – timber deck on a pond in the garden, rustic walls and decor.
Ciao Ristorante – Valstasia Weddings
- Copenhagen Coffee | Mont Kiara – Rustic industrial cafe with nice black framed windows for indoor pre-wedding photography in KL.
- Dusun Garden Fairies, Ulu Langat | gardenfairies.com.my – Dec 13: 9am-1pm cost RM300, scenic location, lots of green, garden, tree house
- Flamingo Hotel by the Lake | Ampang | flamingo.com.my – Lake view, white hotel building
- FRIM | Website – RM100 for pre-wedding photography crew, trees, botanical gardens, water falls, forest
- KLCC Park – Need to get an authorization letter to shoot at KLCC Park, Twin towers, city
- Saloma Bridge, KLCC
Beautiful view of KLCC Petronas Twin Towers and the Saloma Bridge by WLOON Photography
- KL Tower – Amazing view from the sky deck. The backdrop of the KL Tower from other tall building in the vicinity looks great too.
- Lake Gardens KL | Taman Tasik Perdana | klbotanicalgarden.gov.my – trees, lake, flowers
- Lima Blas Restaurant | Jalan Mesui KL | FB Page – May 13: RM500. Vintage design, antiques decor, heritage building
- Merchant’s Lane 美真林 Cafe | Petaling Street – rough unpainted walls (eroded wall effect), rattan chairs, stainless steel tabletops and wooden floors, rustic feel
- Orchid Conservatory Room @ Majestic Hotel KL | Sentral – hanging garden of orchid in a glass atrium
- Palace of the Golden Horses – Moorish-Malaysian architecture resembling mythical and magical lands, with ceiling art and statues of horses, landscaped gardens, set against an immense lake, horse carriage
- Petaling Street – Flea market, famous food stalls: air mata kucing, Bunn Choon Egg Tarts. Kuan Ti Temple, cafe, heritage building, tourist attraction
- Poco Homemade Cafe, Bangsar | facebook.com/poco.homemade.9 – Dec 13: small cozy cafe, RM5x for photoshoot, parking hassle, cute rustic decor
- Putrajaya | Website – parks, flowers, lake, can be hot, nice bridges, Putra Mosque, government complexes
- Sekeping Seapark | PJ | sekeping.com/seapark – Rustic feel, open air concept
- Sekeping Serendah | Rawang | faded old signs, timber structures, wire seats, concrete and brick walls, open concept glamping, trees protruding through the concrete floor, construction parts hung on the wall.
- Sekeping Tenggiri | Bangsar | sekeping.com/tenggiri – May 13: fee: RM200 for shooting + Room charge at about RM250 (overnight stay), not bad, choose the right room for nicer shoots
- Sekinchan | sekinchan.org – 2 hours drive from KL after Klang, covered with paddy fields, beach, fishing village, hay stacks
- Sentul Park / KLPAC – KLPAC (arts centre with new+old building architecture), lake with fish, a pier, Bistro Richard (tiffany stained-glass lamps, European design), village-designed restaurant (Samira) and a Japanese Koi Centre. Peace, quiet and calm location filled with greenery, nice landscape
- Sky Mirror | Kuala Selangor – Sand bar emerges when the tide is right, the think layer of water is like the perfect mirror great for photography. 30 min boat ride.
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building | Jalan Raja KL – Heritage landmark in KL. Shiny cooper dome with its immense clock tower, central porch, different forms of arches (key hole, ogee, pointed and horseshoe).
- Tamarind Square, Cyberjaya – It is an urban village where art and culture meet the market place. Rustic brick and concrete walls, exposed stairs, creates beautiful structural perspectives. Lush garden in the city.
Tamarind Square | Photo: SBXS Photography
- Templer Park Rainforest Retreat | facebook.com/tprr1 – Oct 15: The scenery was great minus the haze and really clean. friendly workers provided most of the things needed. Monkeys around stole our meatballs 🙁 glad we found this place for photography.
- The LINC KL – a shopping mall with colorful stairs, origami crane strings, trees in the middle of the building for indoor wedding photography.
- Thean Hou Temple | Persiaran Desa, KL – nice carvings, intricate embellishments on the roof, pillars of the Chinese temple
Thean Hou Temple by Valstasia Weddings
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) | Serdang – Old big tree which is a popular landmark. Dec 13: big field, trees, university building. 2016: RM100 per hour
- Avatar Secret Garden | Thai Pak Koong Temple Tanjong Tokong, Tanjung Bungah – Mini park and beach with lit up garden, trees and structures. Decorative lights change colors in intervals. Color lights wrapped around tree trunks and draped from branches.
- Batu Ferringhi – Beaches, resort
- Botanical Gardens | botanicalgardens.penang.gov.my – garden, flowers, trees, lily pond
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Hotel) | Leith Street | cheongfatttzemansion.com – if not staying at the hotel fee is RM250 per hour, blue outer wall, built end of 19th century, ancient Chinese architecture, granite paved courtyards, vernacular timber lovre windows, porcelain work
- Country Side Stables | Balik Pulau – RM250 per hour, horses, stables, carriage
- England Homestay | Nibong Tebal, Penang – An English-themed cottage, rustic wooden doors, red telephone box, white wash barn, vintage props
- Froghill at Kampung Guar Petai – known as a mini Jiuzhaigou of Malaysia. Pristine blue lakes of varying sizes.
Scenic Pre-wedding photo shoot in Frog Hill Penang by WLOON Photography
- Fort Cornwallis – Brick walls, cannon, chapel, esplanade, sea
- Georgetown city – beautiful heritage building from British era turned into banks, commercial / financial building
- Lone Pine Hotel | Batu Ferringhi – white colonial hotel building, beach, greens
- Macalister Mansion – Boutique hotel, quirky interiors, classy, old English mansion design, with modern technology.
- Majestic Theatre | Jalan Phee Choon | majesticpenang.com – refurbished old cinema
- Paragon Mall, Gurney – former St Joseph’s Novitiate chapel building has been incorporated into the mall during construction (photoshoot there is free)
- Penang’s Protestant Cemetery – Tomb of Francis Light
- Peranakan Mansion | Church Street | pinangperanakanmansion.com.my – Jul 08: fee RM50 per hour, typical home of a rich Baba in the 19th century, antiques, Chinese carved-wood panels and English floor tiles and Scottish ironworks
Peranakan Mansion by RC Studio
- Suffolk House Penang | facebook.com/suffolkhouse – Anglo Indian garden house, UNESCO heritage, English-themed
- Pengkalan Weld – Tanjong City Marina, waterfront, ferry terminal, pier, sea view, boats, yachts parked there, clan jetties.
- Tropical Spice Garden | Teluk Bahang | tropicalspicegarden.com – over 500 species of tropical flora, man-made canals, pond, Fee is RM50
- Kellie’s Castle | Ipoh – entrance fee: RM4 per adult, 9am-6pm, unfinished mansion of Scottish, Moorish and Indian architecture
- M Boutique Hotel Ipoh – urban vintage backdrop, antique suitcases, fixtures, chandeliers
- Pangkor | Perak – best beaches in West Malaysian shore, dutch fort, fishing village, beach resorts
- The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat Ipoh | thebanjaran.com – paleozoiz limestones, hotsprings, caves, waterfalls
- A’ Famosa Fort and St. Paul’s Church – the remains of a church, burial ground for noblemen, and a fortress to protect the Portuguese position in Malacca.
- Christ Church Melaka
- Alley No. 5 cafe – this place is down a small alley, antique vintage memorabilia
- Pantai Klebang – Famous for its beautiful sand dunes, rustic lalang (long weedy Malaysian grass)
Photoshoot at Pantai Klebang by KOA Production
- Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum – Peranakan house in the 1800s. colonial design, now turned into a museum.
- Jonker Street flea market
- Red Square (Dutch Square) – historical red painted buildings and structures; Stadthuys, Christ Church, Tan Beng Swee Clock Tower, Queen Victoria Fountain from the British colonial time.
- Encore Melaka Theatre – The main façade is covered with porcelain tiles. The geometric concaved arcs are made out of thousands of fish scale-like LED panels, which reflect light from the ever-changing and vibrant sky of Melaka.
Encore Melaka – Valstasia Weddings
- Colmar Tropicale Bukit Tinggi (Berjaya Hills) | Website – fr RM400 for wedding photography, French village, Japanese Garden/ Tea House, botanical garden, hills, slightly cool
- Cameron Highlands | cameronhighlands.com – Cool temperature 20s°C, English country home style, tea plantation, lattice windows, smoke house, climbing plants.
Cameron Highlands tea plantation – WLOON Photography
- Time Tunnel Local Museum, Brinchang, Cameron Highlands | Entrance fee: Adult: RM5. Children: RM3 – antique memorabilia museum
- Cameron Lavender Garden | Tringkap, Cameron Highlands – 9km from Brinchang. Lavender farm, Purple castle, mushroom building, love-locks lane, strawberries, flower fields.
Cameron Lavender Garden | WLOON Photography
- Fraser’s Hill
- Genting Highlands – theme park, cool weather, temple
- Puncak Dani European Bungalow Genting Highlands – luxurious double storey bungalow overlooking a golf course. European vintage furniture, chandeliers, staircase and a grand four poster bed. Cool fresh air. Greenery, trees.
Puncak Dani Mansion by GMPS Film & Photography
- Langkawi | Kedah- beaches, resort, cable car
- Legoland Nusajaya, Johor – colorful LEGO®-themed setup. Legoland Hotel- dragon-guarded entrance, pirate ship, castle. MINILAND- miniature version of Asia’s iconic landmarks.
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi | Kedah – Rows of lamps on the wall, mile long private beach, UNESCO GeoPark, ancient rock formations, mangroves, limestone
- Redang | Terengganu – beaches, resort
- Port Dickson | Negeri Sembilan – beaches, resort, marina . aVi Spa at Avillion Resort is a spa pavilion built above the sea – amazing for for photography
- Pulai Springs Resort | Johor | pulaisprings.com – nice garden
- Mabul Water Bungalows Resort | Sabah – Boats to Mabul Island and other neighboring islands depart from the jetty in Semporna. Crystal clear water, beautiful place to take photos. If you are not a patron of the resort, an entry fee of RM30 per person is required.
Mabul Water Bungalows Resort by KOA Production
Outside of Malaysia
65 Iconic Locations around the world – WLOON Photography
- Cappadocia, Turkey – An art of unique rock formations created by years of volcanic activities and erosion – “A valley of chimneys”. Hot air balloon flights over the unique landscape of rocks protruding upward.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – The 7-star Burj al Arab hotel is an iconic landmark in Dubai, sand dunes in the desert, Madinat Jumeirah Resort that has been designed to resemble an Arabian town in the past. Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world.
Burj Khalifa – GMPS Film and Photography
- Victoria | Australia – Great Ocean Road (Twelve Apostles), Melbourne: Brighton Beach (colorful bathing boxes), winery, Victorian city architecture/ cathedral
- Bali | Indonesia – Lake Temple, Tanah Lot, tide pools, beaches, romantic horse rides on the beach, mountain, lake, Tukad Unda Dam
- South Korea | Jeju Island – beach resorts and volcanic landscape of craters and cavelike lava tubes, Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak, bright yellow colored canola flowers (spring), Gyeongbokgung Palace, Bukchon Hanok Village (traditional houses), Haneul Sky Park (tall Eulalia in October)
- Shanghai – cityscape, The Bund
The Bund, Shanghai | Photo: GMPS
- Hong Kong – Island: Victoria Peak, Trams, Central business district. New Territories: Tai Mo Shan (foggy hills, sunset), Sai Kung Country Park (grassy slopes), reservoirs. Kowloon: entertainment, red-light district.
- Lijiang, in Yunnan Province in China – the fairyland Shangri-la: clear streams, majestic snowy mountains and endless grasslands, bright blue lake, bucolic villages
- Macau, China – Downtown, casinos, Grand Lisboa Hotel/Casino, UNESCO World Heritage site, The Ruins of St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Mauritius – beautiful island, ocean and resort
- Milan, Italy – Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Square) is the main piazza (city square) of Milan, Milan Cathedral (The Duomo) is the most impressive structure in Milan. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele is an elegant shopping arcade with mosaic floor and stained-glass ceiling.
- Lake Tekapo, New Zealand – dark sky reserve at beautiful Lake Tekapo, aurora (southern lights), stars, milky way
- Paris | France – romantic city, Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Pont des Arts (Love locks bridge) …
- Prague | Czech Republic – Gothic-style, baroque-style, highly ornate design, sculpture, architecture. Charles Bridge is decorated by many statues. The Old Town Bridge Tower. Prague astronomical clock. The Church of Mother of God before Týn. St. Nicholas Church (Lesser Town).
- Santorini | Greece – White Cycladic houses with blue painted windows, a town perched on a cliff, cave houses, amazing beaches
Pre-Wedding Photoshoot in Santorini by WLOON
- Taiwan – Tashee Blooming Oasis, Tomita Farm, Green Light Forest, Sun Moon Lake
- Yang Ming Shan – True Love Peach Blossom Garden 陽明山真愛桃花源 | Taipei, Taiwan – Different themes of indoor and outdoor photography backdrop: American country, European castle, Japan snow, Blue Greece-Santorini (蔚藍希臘) and the stunning white cathedral.
- Venice | Italy – Gondola ride, canals, Rialto bridge, St. Mark’s Square (music, pigeons, tourists)
- Vik, Southern Iceland – The black sand beach and basalt rock formation (Reynisdrangar)
- Cherry Blossoms (Sakura) – blooms around early April in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka. Popular spots: Sumida Park, Shinjuku Gyoen, Ueno Park in Tokyo
- Mount Fuji View – Kawaguchiko Lake (Fuji Five Lakes), better visibility during colder winter months
- Tokyo – Imperial Palace – large park area
surrounded by moats and massive stone walls, rustic bridge. Shiba Park to get the view of Tokyo Tower. Sensoji Temple (colorful, huge lantern). Tokyo Skytree (tallest structure in Japan). Man-made island Odaiba and The Rainbow Bridge.
- Marina Bay | Maxwell Rd | marina-bay.sg – signature skyline, lit building at night, garden city, waterfront promenade, futuristic looking super-trees
- Fort Canning Park – Fort Gate- remnant of a fortress built in the 19th century, Singapore’s first Christian Cemetery, Spice Garden, Sculpture Garden, Battle Box- a former
underground military complex, spiral
staircase with an opening on top at the underground crossing, outdoor
lawns, lots of greenery, Cannon, lighthouse, boutique Hotel Fort
- Henderson Waves – 274 metre-long pedestrian bridge that spans Henderson Road to connect Mount Faber Park to Telok Blangah Hill Park. highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore, curved ribs structure
- Hort Park | Hyderabad Road – lush greenery, theme gardens, beautiful landscapes, flowers
- Sentosa – beaches, Universal Studios
Ref: japan-guide.com, dewanbudaya.usm.my