For marriage solemnization
- Interstate travel for the purpose of getting married (marriage solemnization) is now allowed in Malaysia, and those involved must obtain police permission before travelling.
- Those involved must follow the standard operating procedures (SOP), such as practising social distancing and avoiding the pressing of palms, touching, etc.
- Non-Muslim couples whose marriage registration were affected or delayed by the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) will have until July 31 to complete them without having to submit a new application and pay the fees required.
- The National Registration Department (NRD) will provide standard operating procedures (SOPs) for marriage and divorce registration matters.
- The NRD will also allow the marriage registrations to take place in 171 establishments (temples, churches or associations) with Assistant Registrar of Marriage approved by the Ministry of National Unity throughout the duration of the Movement Control Order (MCO)
Registration of Marriage (ROM) photo shoot | Makeup and hair: Amelin Lok | Photography: TCW Photography
Registration of Marriage photo shoot by: Love Confession Photography
Matching wedding face mask. Source: indiatimes.com
- Photo shoots are, limited to pre-wedding and solemnisation ceremonies, and are subjected to the determined SOPs.
- Weddings are still not allowed.
- For more info, contact the NRD office for your area:
National Registration Department (NRD) /Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN)
Getting ready for ROM:
- Shop for your engagement ring and wedding band (Read more)
- Plan a proposal (proposal ideas)
- Ask parents for daughter’s hand in marriage (traditions)
- Select an auspicious date (for Chinese) – Masters
- Attend marriage course and perform other religious obligations
- Submit an application to register a marriage for non-Muslims at NRD office (Read more)
- Plan your photography, cinematography, makeup, attire, flowers, bridal shop (pre-wedding photo shoot)
- Solemnization can be done at the NRD or religious houses/ temples/ churches/ associations (such as clan association) with an Assistant Marriage Registrar (Read more)
Makeup artist: Jaimie Yap
Beauty salons can provide services by visiting customers’ homes, provided all prevention procedures are carried out including the wearing of face shields, recording of customers’ body temperature, cleaning of beauty equipment and practising of social distancing. (Malaymail.com | 8th June 2020)
13th Jun 2020: For matrimonial events, the minister said the first move was to permit akad nikah (Muslim marriage solemnisation) initially via online and later in person, with a maximum limit of 20 people in attendance.
Tell us about your experience planning your ROM during MCO (or Extended/ Recovery).