To search for registered ObGyn specialists visit this site: nsr.org.my/list1.html
In searching for the right Obstetrician & Gynae or hospital for your routine women’s health check and if you are preparing yourselves for a baby bump, the factors to consider are the experience, working style, experience, affordability, knowledge, recommendations, distance from home…
Government hospitals have a more complete set of medical equipment to handle complications or emergencies. And best of all, their fees are cheap! The downside is the dreadful waiting time, for regular appointments, special tests like HSG, endocrine tests, or the various treatment. Generally private hospitals offer more experienced and capable doctors, better quality customer service, comfortable rooms, facilities (because their charges are high).
Can you recommend a good lady Obstetrician & Gynecologist if you have come across one?
Klang Valley (Private Practitioners)
Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care | ramsaysimedarby.asia | 03-5639 1212 (Subang Jaya Medical Centre)
- Dr Noor’ Aini Kassim Ali (F) – Aug 13: caring, no nonsense, may be more interested in C-Sect instead of natural. C-sect was fast and good.
- Dato Dr Siti Zaliha Zainal (F) – doctor with the longest queue, wait for a long time, good
- Dr Christina Tai (F) – good gynae
- Dr Tang Boon Nee (F) – good (and long queue), attentive, motivating, reasonable charge, RM70 for consultation, natural delivery with epidural costs about RM5K
- Dr Ang Chin Guan (M) – nice, price is ok, don’t have to wait long, consultation fee RM50-60, make you comfortable, not money minded
- Dr Delailah Ahmad (F) – detailed in giving explanation, motherly, passionate about what she is doing, humorous, expensive RM140 for consultation
- Dr Tan Teck Sin (M) – Jul 15: not providing info unless you ask. Aug 12: quiet and stern sometimes. nice man. grumpy. advised us pre-admission and taught us some ways to save money. Dr Tan sewing is ok, but look serious.
- Dr Lee Say Fatt (M) – normal delivery RM3.5K (without epidural), happy with him
- Dr Haris Hamzah (M) – comfortable with and trust the gynae
- Dr Fong Chee Kin (M)
Sunway Medical Centre | sunwaymedical.com.my | 03-7491 9191
- Dr. Wong Chin Yuan (M) – Nov 16: Thankful to Dr. Wong Chin Yuan from Sunway Medical Centre who is an experienced doctor that saved my life – Cornual ectopic pregnancy. Nov 17: 1st time visit RM450. Rush attitude. Ask 1 question, get 1 answer.
- Dr Jason Lim Meng Hock (M) – very good and packed, RM80 for checkup
- Dr. Balasundram Govindasamy (M)
- Dr. Fan Poh Wah (M)
- Dr. Lim Lei Jun (F)
- Dr. Wong Pak Seng (M)
- Dr. Wong Yat May (F)
Sunway Medical Centre – Velocity Cheras | Website
- Dr Chuah Bee Poh (M) – Mar 20: moved to Sunway Velocity Medical Centre in 2019. Can now check queue status online. Strongly recommend to all mummies. Responsible. Jun 19: Best obgyn in KL. I’ve seen a few obgyn before this, they were not nearly as good.
- Dr Janani Sivanathan (F)
- Dr. Farah Leong Rahman (F)
- Dr Zaharuddin Bin Rahmat @ Mohd Rawi (M)
- Dr. Wong Yen Shi (F)
- Dr. Eee Ching Woo (M) – previously from Pantai Cheras
- Dr. Mohamad Nasir Bin Shafiee (M)
- Dr. Timothy Lee Chin Ren (M)
Tropicana Medical Centre | tropicanamedicalcentre.com 03-6287 1999
Pricy, service and facilities were top-notch (nurses very helpful and friendly), natural delivery: RM5K, RM200++ for single bed room one night, premium hospital, midwife teaches breastfeeding, charges are ridiculous:
- Dr Dev Kumar Menon – comfortable with him, cheerful, bubbly, confident, pays attention to all your needs, check-up costs RM200-300++, c-sect, removed cyst, 2.5 days cost RM8K++, takes time to re-assure and explain. found root-cause of miscarriage and fixed problem
- Dr Loh Khee Fei – doesn’t talk or explain much, RM80 (consultation)
Gleneagles KL, (Ampang) | gleneagleskl.com.my | 03-4141 3000 – very fast and efficient
- Dr. Jean Woo Lee See (F) – handled my labor, relaxed, quick, safe, don’t have to wait too long for appointments
- Ravi Chandran (M) – made us feel relieved, very knowledgeable, asked the right questions as if he knew me
- Dr KK Wong (Kok Kian) – experienced, friendly, busy schedule, quite old
- Dr Tan Lay Seng – True professional, caring and tender. Nurses at his clinics are well-trained and friendly.
- Dr Chung CC (M)
Fetal Medicine and Gynaecology Centre (FMGC), Jaya One | fmgc.com.my | 03-7956 3887 (Hunting Line)
KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital | kpjdamansara.com | 03-7722 2692
- Dr Gunasegaran Rajan – very comforting doctor, expensive, kind, experienced, long queue, popular, professional, honest, head of gynae department, consultation fee: RM180, ultrasound: RM150 (no picture)
- Dr. Neoh Hock Sun (M) – good listener, very patient, monthly visit less than RM100
KPJ Specialist Kajang | kpjkajang.com | 03-8769 2999
- Dr Lee Chee Horng (M) – more than 20 years experience, tries his best to make it to natural birth, Oct 10: quite comfortable with him, charges are cheap, RM60 for consultation+ultrasound. 2.5K natural birth, Mar 10: Easy to understand, very direct and he explained everything
KPJ Selangor | kpjselangor.com | Shah Alam | +603-5543 1111
- Dr Hj. Mohd Nazri Bin Hj. Yazid (M) – Sep 13: Reasonable que time, Islamic for Muslim as he will play the Quran recitals in the labour room through his phone, professional, will wait for your time and not keen for c-sect, RM60-70 for consultation.
KPJ Tawakkal Specialist Hospital, Jalan Pahang | tawakal.kpjhealth.com.my | 03-4026 7777
Pantai Hospitals | pantai.com.my
Pantai Kuala Lumpur @ Bangsar – HSG test: about RM1K+
- Dr Wong Sum Keong (M) (clinic Hartamas Women’s Specialist) – Pantai – encourages natural birth, he is good, super long queue, very experienced
- Dr Idora Mohamed (F) – Jun 16: pleasant experience, not stingy with her time. Explained in detail. Normal delivery: RM3400. Baby’s bill: RM1567. Dec 12: always smiling, experienced, attentive, crazy many patients. reasonable charges.
- Dr Paul Ng Hock Oon (M)- friendly, gentle, good listener, short waiting time, reasonable charges. shorter queue
- Dr Premitha Damodaran (F) – Sep 12: very good! high recommended! Dec 13: Calming and encouraging
- Dr Kim Wong (F) | clinic at Centerpoint, Bandar Utama – Jul 13: takes good care of me, not very patient.
- Dr Choong Kuo Hsiang (M) has retired – very knowledgeable and a person of strong principles. Highly recommended!
- Dr Edmund Lai (M) | Pertama Clinic Cheras – Aug 16: good. if you dont ask you dont get anything. very quiet guy.
- Dr. Ho Choon Moy (F)
- Dr. Smita Sinha (F)
- Dr Asokan (M) | Clinic at Tmn Connaught Cheras (ASOKAN SHAMUGANATHAN, KLINIK PAKAR WANITA CONNAUGHT – 03-9101 9160) – Jun 11: RM70 for consultation + ultrasound at his clinic, friendly, soft spoken, good overall experience
- Dr Tan Ee Peng (F) – consultation+scanning at RM60, delivery package of RM 1980 for natural birth
- Dr Suhaimi Isa (M) – fatherly, soft-spoken, precise, 2K for normal delivery
Prince Court Medical Centre KL
- Dr Paul Tay (M) – Reviews Apr 14: First time fee is about 300 bucks, consecutive visits about 200 bucks. Feb 15: Delivered in PCMC, cost RM8350 (normal) under Dr.Paul. Thumbs up to Dr.Paul.
- Dr Tan Ay Eeng (F) – Nov 13: not so patient
- Dr Seri Suniza – friendly and experienced, long queue, bubbly, detailed explanation, RM90 for consultation alone
- Dr Aziz – experienced and down to earth
Tung Shin Hospital Pudu, KL
- Dr. Ng Kwee Boon (黄贵文医生) (M)
- DR. EDSON CHEAH KIT LENG (谢杰龙医生) (M)
- Dr. Timothy Lee Chin Ren (李庆仁医生) (M)
- DR TAN CHENG (陈振医生) (M)
Columbia Asia, Puchong –
- Dr Ng Soon Pheng (M) | columbiaasia.com/puchong | 03-8064 8688 – good doctor, print pictures of baby FOC, give a CD with videos and pictures of baby, friendly, soft-spoken, patient, pricey
Columbia Asia, Bukit Rimau | columbiaasia.com/bukit-rimau | 03-5125 9999
Columbia Asia Cheras Selatan | columbiaasia.com/cheras | 03-9086 9999
good customer service, polite, prompt, attentive, get a set of toiletries when you admit, HSG test: up to RM300
- Dr Norshida (F) – friendly
- Dr Haw (M) – fast, accurate, very detailed explanation to questions, kind, overall ok but passive.
Assunta Hospital | assunta.com.my | 03-7872 3000
HSG test at RM200++
- Dr Liew Fah Onn (M) – Aug 16: Knowledgeable Dr with experience. he doesn’t do delivery starting this year due to insurance coverage issue. forcefully asking us to repeat what he has told us earlier.
- Dr Catherine Loo Ee Ching (F)
- Dr Cecilia Wong (F) – Jun 14: consultation RM60, spends a lot of time with each patient, sisterly, long wait time, RM3.6K normal delivery without epidural
- Dr Chong Hon (M)
- Dr Dev Kumar Menon (M)
- Dr Jaswant Singh (M)
- Dr Zaharuddin Rahmat @ Mohd Rawi (M)
- Dr Menon (M): Retired – pleasant, very calm, a bit old, many years of experience
UM Specialist Centre (UMSC) | umsc.my/umsc_specialty/obstetrics-gynaecology
- Professor Dr Tan Peng Chiong (M)
- Professor Dr Vallikannu Narayanan (F)
- Associate Professor Dr Khong Su-Yen (F)
- Associate Professor Dr Lim Boon Kiong (M)
- Associate Professor Dr Noor Azmi Mat Adenan (M)
- Dr Nuguelis Razali (F)
- Emeritus Professor Dr Sivanesaratnam V (M)
KPMC (Kajang Plaza Medical Centre) | kpmc.com.my
Annur Specialist Hospital | annur.com.my | Bandar Baru Bangi | 03-8926 6060m
Aug 11: RM120 per visit (consultation+scan), RM1990 for normal delivery with 2 beds in a room all to yourself.
KL Fertility Centre, Damansara Heights, KL | klfertility.com | 03-2093 3500
- Dato’ Dr Prashant Vasant Nadkarni (M) – well-known, high fertility success rate (according to my gynae), the best one in town, highly recommended for fertility treatment, podcast of his appearance on BFM radio station.
- Dr Helena Lim Yun Hsuen (F) – Dec 14: successfully conceived via IVF RM25k, attentive, recommends acupunture
BP Healthcare | bphealthcare.com/sc/gynec
- Dr Eugene Leong (M) – gentle and friendly, considerate and nice, comfortable with him, was at UMSC
Dr Mak Foo Sing (Women Specialist & Fertility Centre at Kuchai Lama Entrepreneurs Park)
- Lourdes Medical Centre – satisfied, C-sect at RM4K
- Dr Wong Choon Meng (M) – saved my baby’s life with his professionalism, quite costly, Nov 13: experienced and patient, Delivers in Sunway Medical Centre
- YAN SPECIALIST WOMEN’S CLINIC
24 G, Jalan Radin Anum, Seri Petaling, 57000 KL
- Dr Yus (F) of Klinik Syahirah in Section 7 Shah Alam | delivery at Umra maternity Home- She spends time explaining all your questions
Bangsar Women Specialist Centre | Jalan Telawi | +603-228 21828
- Dr. Kamaljit Kaur Manocha (F) – Aug 13: She was kind, patient, knowledgeable, experienced, very comfortable in her care. Tough when she needed to be, and empathetic and supportive all along.
- Sungai Buloh Hospital – full, quite new facilities, cheap, less than RM100
Gleneagles Medical Centre, Penang | gleneagles-penang.com
Columbia Asia Seremban | columbiaasia.com/seremban | 06-603 3988
- Dr. Norintan Zainal Shah (F) – Jul 12: Great gynae
- Dr. Khoo Kong Beng (M)
- Dr. Pang Mei Foong (F)
KPJ Seremban | kpjseremban.com | 06-767 7800
- Dr. Ivan Lee Kick Kit (M)
- Dr Subramaniam A/L Nachimuthu (M)
- Dr. Rosy Anak Jawan (F) – Jul 13: very nice gynae
- Dr. Ishak Abdul Samad (M)
Columbia Asia Nusajaya JB | columbiaasia.com/nusajaya-doctors.html | +607 233 9999
- Dr Rajesh Mahendran Radha Krishnan (M) – professional, easily contactable, acceptable price
- Dr Teh Jin Teik (M) – Jun 13: wonderful, friendly & soft spoken and very patient, very long queue
- Dr. Rohaini Md Jonit (F) – Mar 14: Encourage normal delivery, helpful, answers all your questions, consultation below RM70
Regency Specialist Hospital (Bandar Seri Alam) | regencyspecialist.com | 1800-222-505
- Dr. Thokha Bin Muhammad (M) – Sep 12: People are queuing up to see him
- Dr. Alex KH Ooi | 黄君贤医生
- Dr. Hon Sook Kit | 韩淑洁医生 (F)
- Dr. Hoo Woon Ping | 何文彬医生 (F)
- Dr. Terence Teoh Guan Khung | 张源康医生 (M)
- Dr. Hoo Sing Nguang | 何盛源医生
- Dr Tan Jui Seng | Tel: 07-2762925 – Jul 13: O&G for over 20 years, Clinic at Taman Century Garden JB, highly recommend, fees are reasonable
- Elizabeth Women’s Clinic | Sutera Utama, JB | elizabethwomensclinic.blogspot.com – Dr Hon Sook Kit