1. First Dance
You can get a crash course and choose a suitable dance routine if you are not already a dancer. It’s a wedding tradition in the west. One of the dances to pick is the slow ballroom Rumba. Its steps are kept sensually compact with some bending and straitening of the knee to achieve the hip-swaying movements over the legs. Another one to consider is the Waltz which is a progressive ballroom dance where dancers glide in perpetual circles and are positioned close together.
Coach: 012-221 2030 (Sylvia) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website
2. Learn a romantic song to sing/ play to your beloved
Fill your bride/ groom’s eyes with tears by performing a touching love song. Check the List of songs HERE. For a change, play a traditional musical instrument such as the Chinese: Erhu, Pipa, Indian: Tabla, Sitar, Malay: Seruling, Rebana, Gamelan…
Music Academy for classes:
- myeswest.com | Eswest Music conducts Piano, Pop
Piano, Guitar, Violin, Keyboard, Saxophone, Pan Flute, Vocal, Chinese instruments: Gu-Zheng,
Erhu, Pi-Pa, Yang-Qin, Di-Zi classes.
- Naka Sutra Music Center: MALAY TRADITIONAL MUSIC: Gamelan Melayu, Tak Lempung, Akordian, Gambus, Rebab, Sape, Paluan Kelantan / Melayu. INDIAN TRADITIONAL MUSIC: Tabla, Bansuri (Indian Flute), Sitar, Tawil etc. and others.
|istanapengantin.wordpress.com – Gamelan performance|
|Learn how to play the Erhu, a Chinese traditional stringed instrument, to surprise your audience|
|greenweddingshoes.com: The bride gives a performance playing the guitar and singing|
3. Personalized Jigsaw Puzzle
Print a Customized Jigsaw Puzzle of your wedding portrait for your guests to put together and write their wishes at the back of each puzzle piece.
Printing Vendor: mybulkprint.com/jigsaw-puzzle-printing
Set up a karaoke session with a twist to prevent repeating boring tunes from a particular genre. Arrange with your friends/ relatives (who like to sing, or who is a karaoke kaki) before hand and prepare the songs. It is like an informal performance so they will be less nervous. If you could get a group of them to sing together, it will be super fun!
Karaoke system rental:
5. Bollywood dance Flash Mob style
Flash Mob was initially mobilized by social media where a group of people come together in a public place, perform an unusual act for entertainment. To have a Bollywood Flash Mob in your wedding, you have to organize it with the participants to practice the dance steps. The interesting part is the act starts with one person, other dancers join in later gradually.
Dance Lessons: Bollywood Academy Malaysia
6. Coloring and Message Poster
|Fill-me-in posters from worldofmoose.com/collections/fill-me-in-posters|
7. Growing Up Montage
I always find the childhood and growing up montage interesting because you get to see how the bride and groom looked like when they were young, how the couple met and became life partners.
Tools to create wedding slideshows:
- Smilebox (Free): Choose from a variety of slideshow designs, Add photos, videos, music and your own words. Then Email, post to Facebook, burn to DVD or load to a digital frame.
- Free Bolide Slideshow Creator (Free): With Free Bolide Slideshow Creator you can save a photo slideshow as an AVI, MKV, FLV, MP4 or WMV video file or upload this file to Youtube or Facebook. Just drop many photos to the timeline, tell the program to add transition effects.
- Foto2avi (Free): Foto2Avi can create video slideshows from photos or can be used as a regular video editor in order to cut or join video files. The video can be exported as a single video file, like avi/mkv/mp4/mpeg/flv or as DVD format
- MS Powerpoint
Ref: theknot.com, hercampus.com, en.people.cn, encoremedia.com.au