1. Ivory silk satin organza bridal gown. Strapless #sweetheart neckline with asymmetrical layers of raw edged silk satin #organza on the bodice. Ivory silk ribbon belt with jeweled fabric petal detail at natural waist, Asymmetrical tiered skirt. #silksatin
Silk – luxurious and expensive natural fiber from silkworm cocoons that is soft, smooth and strong.
There are several types of textures.
– is not a fiber, it is a type of weave which can be made from any
fiber; natural fiber such as silk or from synthetic fiber like
polyester. Satin is soft and smooth with a lustrous shiny surface.
Organza – Crisp, transparent, sheer like chiffon but with a stiffer feel, can be made out of silk, polyester or nylon. It is similar to tulle but more flowy.
|Left: Silk Satin. Right: Organza|
2. Ivory tulle bridal ball gown with an alencon lace bodice and V neckline. Alencon lace is layered throughout skirt front and back, sweep train.
Tulle – Netting made of silk, nylon or rayon which is light, see-through often used for wedding veils and skirts.
#Alencon lace (Corded lace) – The most elaborate French needlepoint lace on a sheer net background with motifs and is outlined in heavy cordonnet or thread giving it a three dimensional look.
|Left: Tulle. Right: Alencon Lace|
3. Ivory #Chantilly lace softly fluted bridal gown with godets at sides and center back skirt. V neck front and back leads to Ivory silk chiffon ruching at #empire waist with jeweled fabric floral detail, sweep train.
Chantilly Lace – A delicate lace originated from Chantilly, France with outlined pattern, and abundant detail. It is made on a lightweight hexagonal mesh background. There is light and shadow effect in the pattern which is normally flowers, created by the use of a half-and-whole stitch as a fill.
Chiffon – flowy, sheer, and transparent fabric made from silk or rayon which is soft and airy; often used to make overlays, sheer sleeves or wraps.
Ruching – ruffle or pleat
Godet – A piece of fabric in triangular shape which is inserted into a garment causing it to flare adding more volume
|Left: Chantilly Lace. Right: Silk Chiffon #silkchiffon|
|Left: #Ruching. Right: #Godet|
4. Tulle bridal ball gown with a Chantilly lace bodice and one shoulder neckline tulle illusion overlay. Silk ribbon and flower detail at the natural waist with a swirling multi-tiered tulle skirt and horsehair detail. #illusionoverlay
Illusion Overlay – a very thin, delicate tulle of silk or nylon having a cobwebbed appearance, laid over something else, example a dress.
Horsehair braid – is often used to give stiffness and shape to circular hems in dresses.
|Left: Horsehair hems. Right: Illusion Overlay #horsehairhems|