Be the boss of your wedding! With enough research you can get the best deal out of your bridal needs. As the saying goes, have “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in your shoe” on your wedding for good luck, here are some options for the DIY brides without breaking the bank:
The Wedding Band and Engagement Ring:
The good news is brides can now personalize a DIY wedding ring according to their preference of metal type, design and diamond shape. While ring options are aplenty, the feeling of owning one which truly represents you and your partner is quite wonderful.
Choose the ring setting and diamond shape. (Photo: Goldenet)
360 view of the wedding ring (Photo: Goldenet)
Something new and something blue. 14K White Gold Round Blue Topaz Solitaire Diamond Ring from Goldenet
Reasons Online Ring Retailers are recommended for DIY Brides:
(for example in Goldenet)
- They are more knowledgeable in custom made rings and can guide you through the step by step process of selecting the ring setting + diamond specification according to the conception you have in mind.
- Value for money: Quality of the ring is better than retail jewelers with the same amount of money paid. They have a larger inventory of certified diamonds and fine jewelry. Cost is lower as they are able to cut out the middlemen, eliminate mark ups and sales hassles.
- Gemological certificate accompanies all their diamonds.
- You have more time to choose, compare and decide on the perfect ring.
Online Jewelry Retailers:
- Goldenet | Website | Facebook – offers customers extraordinary value on the largest inventory of certified diamonds and fine jewellery.
- Tailored Jewel | Website | Facebook – Eastablished in 2012, workshop in Hong Kong, makes premium jewelry accessible by everyone.
- ZCOVA | Website | Facebook – modernizes the way diamonds and gemstones are purchased.
- Audrey’s | Website | Facebook – specializes in fine bespoke diamond and colorstone jewellery.
Wedding Gown Options
Here are some bridal gown specialists for the DIY brides who are looking for wedding dresses in Malaysia. You don’t have to buy everything brand new. Wear a hand-me-down, rent a dress, customize certain details or have one tailored exactly to the specific design of your dreams.
7th Heaven Bridal Gallery
Add: P-2-3A Tropicana Avenue 47410 Petaling Jaya
They focus on innovative design of ready-to-wear for rental as well made-to-measure bridal and evening gowns. You can now custom-own any of the designs from 7th Heaven’s exclusive selection of wedding dresses at RM2,800 only!
Custom-own 7th Heaven Bridal Gowns
Gelly Wee (Bridal Gown and Makeup)
Add: D-1-3 , Connaught Avenue , 38, Jln 9 , Taman Bukit Cheras, KL
If you are not satisfied with the wedding gowns provided by the bridal shops, hunt for them at Gelly Wee Signature. Here you can find some really great and on-trend designs.
Gown: Gelly Wee Signature | Photographer: Omelette Studio
Photographer: Louis Loo | Gown: Gelly Wee Signature | Makeup & Hair: Chris Foo of Gelly Wee Makeup Studio
Add: B-02-02, Sunway Geo Avenue, Jalan Lagoon Selatan Bandar Sunway 47500 Petaling Jaya
They pride in their art of story-telling through creative tailoring.
Gown ByMeichi | Photography: Louis Gan | Makeup: J.Ying Makeup Studio
Bridal Makeup and Hair Styling Options
Go for the makeup technique that suits your features. Bridal hair styling can really define your entire look, so choose a stylist who can create the hair designs that you love.
The Makeover Loft is a place that represents both established and up-and-coming professional makeup artists in Malaysia to suit every requirement and budget.
Makeup and hair by Makeover Loft
Facebook | 012-379 6625
Amelin’s vision is to create a look that best suits your personality which is natural, flawless, timeless and elegant!
Raynis specializes in amazingly natural makeup and hair styling for an elegant wedding.
For the convenience of brides-to-be, Loving Gallery’s bridal package provides many of the things you need; makeup and hair styling, gowns, photography, printed photos, etc.
Facebook | 012-663 6019
Add: 179-1, Jalan Dataran Cheras 9, Cheras Traders Square, Selangor