Capacity: 1200 pax | Set in the heart of the Golden Triangle of Petaling Jaya, The 5-star Royale Chulan Damansara is a 15-minute drive from downtown Kuala Lumpur and has easy access to various key places of interest in Petaling Jaya.
The Royale Ballroom features an exclusive skylight ceiling. Mutiara Ballroom is located at the balcony on Level 1. The hotel’s ambiance is very pleasant and the wedding banquet Chinese food is good. Wedding planning communication needs to be improved. Projector screens are too high up for the guests to view properly.
|The huge ballroom|
https://stories.my/lifelong-travel-partners-the-wedding-of-tjin-dawn | May 2014
This review is only for couples considering the venue for their wedding day.
Here’s a list of all the things that went well in the one year lead up on planning:
Here are a list of things that didn’t go well / went poorly in the entire year of planning.
1. Lack of communication and poor response rate by the senior sales planner in charge. Despite multiple feedback given, this barely changed until the last month (after escalating to the GM)
For a couple spending a whole heap of cash in a supposedly five star hotel, the comfort and service provided to us were on the extreme minimal end. For a relaxed bride, who already planned a smooth and easy wedding in Australia, I experienced a much different situation with this venue and was able to feel nervous in the lead up to the big day.
I just got back from a chinese wedding banquet and felt the need to highlight certain things that have marred my experience throughout the night.
1. Waitress was poorly trained, didn’t know how to scoop the soup properly and served the soup to me with 1 finger dipped into the soup.
2. Waitress lacked common courtesy, we saved some food for friends who were helping with the wedding flow and wasn’t able to eat yet. The waitress came and scoop up the plate full of untouched food without asking any of us. The moment any of us noticed, the plate of perfectly fine food is gone.
3. Food quality for some of the courses are poor – the chicken dish looked like some pop corn chicken breast which was fried and then drenched with some plum sauce. Lacked the finesse of a 4 and half star hotel chef’s product.
4. Projector was way high up in the sky, and screens were small. My friend did a presentation of old photos, and I could barely read the words or see the faces of people in group photos.
Royale Chulan Damansara
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/theroyalechulandamansara
Add: 2, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47810 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: Sales Department (Events) +603-7959 9000 Ext: 1511
Wedding Packages 2017/2018:
Collaboration with Wedding Planner Pak Abu (Malay, Western or Chinese menu) – RM1999 nett per table | Solemnization – RM180 nett per pax
Chinese Wedding Menu 2016: from RM1908 nett per table
Capacity: Up to 1200 pax